St. Patrick’s Catholic Church Complex

“St. Patrick’s Parish was established in 1794,primarily to meet the needs of Irish immigrants at work on the White House and the Capitol Building” (Father Paul Liston). Laurence O’Connor designed the current building,which was dedicated December 1884.  Corner of G and 10th Streets,N.W.IMG_0434.jpg

Looking north from National Portrait Gallery at the clouds

Church steeple of  late 19th century German Protestant church designed by A. Cluss.  Straight ahead is the low Beaux Arts Carnegie Library, one of thousands funded by Andrew Mellon, built in the early 20th century,and designed by a NYC firm.  Hovering over the library is the Convention Center.IMG_2106